We are Your Immigration Law Firm

What Is an H-1B1 Visa?

Advice from a North Fort Myers Immigration Lawyer

The H-1B1 visa applies to persons who wish to perform specialty services in the United States such as cooperative research, development projects, or other areas that require distinguished abilities.

If you are planning to file for an H-1B1 visa, contact the law office of Anthony Olson, P.A. as soon as possible for a skilled immigration attorney that guides each and every client through every step of the process.

Set up an appointment by calling our firm in Sarasota or North Fort Myers at (941) 877-6587‚Äč today.

What Positions Qualify as a Specialty Occupation?

Specialty occupations are defined by the U.S. federal government to help with your immigration status.

In order for a position to be recognized as a specialty occupation, the job must require the equivalent of a BA, at minimum, or a foreign equal, as a typical industry requirement.

Furthermore, the applicant must satisfy one of the following requirements in order to qualify for a specialty occupation:

  • They must hold a BA, foreign equivalent, or higher degree
  • The requirements of the occupation are adequately filled by their education
  • They hold a state license, certification, or registration that removes any limitations when they are working
  • The visa applicant has had training or work experience and has participated in positions that relate to the occupation

To hire a qualified candidate for a H-1B1 vise, any potential employer should have an authorized ETA-9035 form, an approved Labor Certification Application, an I-129 form, and a Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker. These forms can be drafted and filed with help from our immigration lawyer in our Sarasota or North Fort Myers offices.

Anthony Olson, P.A. can assist clients in a number of different languages while keeping each client updated on their situation.

Get started by contacting one of our immigration attorneys at (941) 877-6587to schedule your initial consultation.