We are Your Immigration Law Firm

Reuniting Families in the USA

Dedicated Family Immigration Attorney Serving a Global Clientele

For more than 15 years, the law firm of Anthony Olson, P.A. has helped families from all over the world to reunite with their loved ones in the United States. Because family immigration in the United States can be fairly complex, it is important to hire an experienced immigration attorney who has the knowledge and skill to reunite your family successfully in the U.S.

For further information, please do not hesitate to call our firm in Sarasota or Fort Myers at (941) 877-6587​ today.

Family-Sponsored Immigration

U.S. citizens can petition for green cards for their families in a two-step process.

These steps includes:

  1. Filing a petition to classify a family member as a qualifying relative; and
  2. Filing for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or for an immigrant visa from a consulate, either in the relative's country of citizenship or country of current legal residence.

Relative Categories

It is important to note that all relatives outside of the United States are subject to waiting periods. As a general rule, the more distant the relative, the longer the waiting period will be.

Relative categories are as follows:

  • Immediate relatives such as spouses, minor biological children, minor stepchildren, and parents.
  • First preference for adult unmarried children of U.S. citizens.
  • Second preference includes relatives of U.S. green card holders.
    • Sub-category 2A, such as the spouse and children of green card holders.
    • Sub-category 2B, including unmarried adult children of green card holders.
  • Third preference for adult married children of U.S. citizens.
  • Fourth preference for siblings of U.S. citizens.

Learn more about family immigration by hiring an experienced immigration attorney. Get started by contacting the law firm of Anthony Olson, P.A. online to set up a consultation.